Hi and thank you for visiting this site. I have now moved my webpage to a new address and invite you to visit there to remain up to date on all the Happy Horses Bitless happenings. The address is:
Cheers Suzy 🙂
Services offered by Happy Horses Bitless…….
- Riding Lessons – One hour private lessons on your horse at your property by a trained riding coach with 20 years experience. Horses not provided for lessons. Sessions aim to empower riders to communicate with their horse safely and effectively without the use of a bit. Methods used are gentle and based on an understanding of equine behaviour, aiming at communication not domination. Both horse and rider are educated so they both advance together.
- Transitioning to Bitless Bridles – Step by step instructions on how to develop a new way of communicating with your horse that is NOT based on pain. Commencing with groundwork and introducing the bitless bridle in a clear, stress-free manner to ensure safe and successful bitless riding.
- Natural Horsemanship Lessons – Learn to communicate with and feel your own horse by learning their language. Develop two way communication with your horse so you both understand each other and can work together as friends.
- Horse Training – Assisting with pre-training of foals and young horses, greenbroke horses and problem behaviours. The emphasis here is in teaching the owner the skills to enable them to train their own horse, using gentleness and an understanding of horse nature.
- Pre-Purchase Safety and Suitability Check – Once you have found your new potential horse contact me and I will come with you to assess the new prospect. The biggest decision you will ever make on your equine journey is the purchase of your horse, it pays to get it right, both for your sake and the horse.
- Bitless Bridle Sales – Bridles can be purchased here online through the ‘Buy a Bitless Bridle’ link, by calling Suzy on 0401 249 263. For local purchases near Lismore, NSW, there’s the option of having a private fitting and start up lesson to get you going.
- Disabilities – I am an Assistant Coach and Horse Manager at Riding for the Disabled (RDA) and a Disability Support Worker (mentor) with Lifestyle Solutions. I have a number of private riding clients with disabilities and fully believe in the enormous value of people with disabilities interacting with and riding horses. I am available to work with anyone with disabilities who owns their own horse for lessons.
- Information Service – For questions about using bitless bridles I am more than willing to help. With over 10 years using bitless bridles at work, in private and teaching students I have gained a lot of knowledge to share. Email your enquiry to email@example.com
Suzy Maloney B.Eq.Sc.
Effective horsemanship is about learning to truly communicate with your horse. Developing mutual trust and improving your relationship are essential steps to a healthy and happy partnership.
An understanding of horse behaviour (and human behaviour), tuning into what your horse is thinking and how to communicate to your horse using minimal aids are essential.
And listening, every moment you are with your horse, being present and open to what your horse is communicating, and being willing to change what you are doing as a result, is also necessary.
Using these tools, a human and horse together have few limits, and the joys of such a relationship are immeasurable.
I believe we have now entered a time where we no longer need to use pain to feel safe and control our horses. After 10 years of riding and instructing students in cross-under bitless bridles, I now KNOW we don’t need to put bits in horses mouths. Thank you for considering removing the bit from your horses mouth.
To receive the latest posts from Happy Horses Bitless just enter your email address in the ‘Follow Site via Email’ box and click follow. This is a great way to keep up to date on the latest bitless news.